Collect Recall & Ask Questions
- What is a fable?
- What is satire?
- What is propaganda?
- What does totalitarian mean? What does communism mean?
- What are the features of a totalitarian regime (country, rulers)
- Read George Orwell’s biography in your booklet and explain what may have influenced him in writing ‘Animal Farm’.
- Make a mind map on the historical context of Animal Farm by looking as the Russian Revolution and key historical figures: Lenin, Karl Marx, Leon Trotsky, Josef Stalin, Cheka/KGB (Secret Police) [refer to booklet notes and use the information there to include on your mind map.]
- Begin reading novel – complete the novel by _________________.
- Complete Study Guide Chapter Questions.